2017年7月22日 星期六

【社交篇】(上):一、對話類


1.   直話直說/開門見山/別離題:慣. cut/get (straight/right) to the point/chase; keep on/stick to this topic; stay on track; be straight; /. don’t beat around the bush; put sb.’s cards on the table; . don’t change/evade/skirt around the subject; let’s go back where we were; => get down to business (開始做正事)

    〔例句〕Could you stick to the topic and get straight to the point? I don’t have much time for this. Shall we get down to business now?


衍生
2.    我不知道/不清楚/問倒我了:句. I don’t know; I have no idea/clue; I cannot figure this out; it’s above me; (you’ve) got me; /. beats me; your guess is as good as mine

    〔例句〕Don’t look at me. I cannot figure this out, either. Your guess is as good as mine.

3.   你說了算/你決定:句. you’re the boss/man; it’s your call; it’s up to you; anything you say; if you say so; you have a/the final say; you have the say/last word.
   
  〔例句〕OK. You’re the boss. You have the final say about this issue. Just inform us of your decision soon.

4.   久仰大名:句. I’ve heard a lot (of good things) about you; your reputation precedes you


〔例句〕Nice to meet you, Mr. Henson. I’ve heard a lot about you. Actually, Your reputation precedes you.


        綜合例句:《請參閱Clare首本出版商英工具書:【商務英語的秘密:學校老師不教的12堂商務       
        英語課 】一書的P.166例句》

沒有留言:

張貼留言